I had a piece published in Vox Cricket’s first issue.
Suggest you read the full article there. In case you don’t fancy clicking, here are the key drivers to Super Over success…
- Score at least twelve runs if batting first
- Pick a set batsman if batting first
- Don’t let the number three play it safe if batting first
- Stay calm when chasing
- Pick a bowler to trouble their opening batsmen
- Put the best batsman on strike for the first ball
- Plan for a second super over
That’s seven factors without even considering lines, lengths, field placings or shot selection. Super Overs might look like a six ball thrashabout – but there are subtle forces at play.